Happy National Siblings Day was a trending topic on twitter for the whole day on April 10thand April 11th! For those of you familiar with Twitter and social media, this is HUGE! The publicity that one gains from being a trending topic is enormous and part of the reason National Siblings Day went VIRAL! Yes- VIRAL! The Kardashian sisters, Whitney Port, Joel Madden and other high profile celebrities blogged and/or tweeted about Siblings Day! International Business Times also wrote a terrific article: Happy National Siblings Day: How Did it Start? YouTube even made a post about it on their global blog: Siblings on YouTube.
Thank you for being a part of our Siblings Day family and for your caring support.
President & Founder
Our Mission Statement
Our primary goal of Siblings Day is to establish and promote April 10 as a national day of celebration and recognition for brothers and sisters.
Each member of the family will finally be recognized (Father's Day, Mother's Day and Siblings Day).
1) Siblings Day Foundation (SDF) intends to obtain a state proclamation in all 50 states. Currently, we have 41 out of 50 states whose governors have signed gubernatorial proclamations. To date, three proclamations are pending, e.g. ND, NY and TN; and
2) Compilation of a “National Directory of Sibling Support Groups or Organizations” in the United States.
1) Identify origin and use of the word Sibling;
2) Identify other countries that have a Siblings Day established;
3) Presentation of Annual Outstanding Brother and Sister Awards;
4) Continue recognition of the sibling bond with the development of future programs that enhance the sibling bond;
5) Locate corporate sponsorship to support Siblings Day Foundation;
6) Provide financial support to other sibling organizations and
7) Promote Siblings Day in cultural and educational institutions. Siblings Day is a publicly supported charity. No officers or board members receive any compensation.